2205 stainless steel plate is divided into cold rolled plate and hot rolled plate. Common size Thickness: 3.0mm-10.0mm, width has two kinds of width: 1800mm and 2000mm. Length: 6000mm or more (can be cut according to customer requirements). 2205 stainless steel alloy is a duplex stainless steel composed of 21% chromium, 2.5% molybdenum and 4.5% nickel nitrogen alloy. Next, let's understand the difference between 2205 stainless steel plate and 304 stainless steel plate?
The difference between 2205 stainless steel plate and 304 stainless steel plate:
1. The yield strength of 2205 stainless steel plate is more than twice as high as that of 304 stainless steel plate, and it has the requirements for forming sufficient plasticity. The wall thickness of storage tanks or pressure vessels made of duplex stainless steel is 30-50% less than that of commonly used 304 stainless steel plates, which is beneficial to reduce costs.
2. It has excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking. Even the duplex stainless steel with the lowest alloy content has higher resistance to stress corrosion cracking than 304 stainless steel, especially in the environment containing chloride ions. Stress corrosion is a prominent problem that is difficult to solve with ordinary 304 stainless steel plates.
3. The corrosion resistance of 2205 stainless steel, which is most commonly used in many media, is better than ordinary 316L austenitic stainless steel, while super duplex stainless steel has extremely high corrosion resistance. In some media, such as acetic acid, formic acid, etc. It can even replace high-alloy austenitic stainless steels and even corrosion-resistant alloys.
4. 2205 stainless steel plate has good local corrosion resistance. Compared with 304 stainless steel plate with equivalent alloy content, its wear corrosion resistance and fatigue corrosion resistance are better than austenitic stainless steel.
5. The linear expansion coefficient of 2205 stainless steel plate is lower than that of 304 stainless steel plate, which is close to carbon steel. It is suitable for connection with carbon steel and has important engineering significance, such as the production of composite plates or linings.
6. No matter under the conditions of dynamic or static load, it has higher energy absorption capacity than 304 stainless steel plate, which is suitable for structural parts to deal with sudden accidents such as collision and explosion. 2205 stainless steel plate has obvious advantages and has practical application value.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist